Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Broken and Bruised

The computer that is...
I haven't posted in a while. I've been doing my projects and working on my goals for the year, but I haven't been posting about them because we still can't upload photos. We tried wiping our hard drive and cleaning out our computer (what we did last time to fix it), but it didn't work. So we tried again...still nothing. So I'm just having a hard time wanting to post because we can't upload photos so it is no fun to talk about the projects I'm doing when you can't actually see what I'm talking about. I think what we are going to have to do is get out laptop fixed then we can just upload photos on that computer, and this one we will use for everything else. We don't have the money to get a new computer...plus it seems like such a waste. This computer works great, except when we want to put photos online. Maybe we should take this one to get fixed....anyway. So that is the reason for the lack of posts.
I will go ahead and post about my projects though cause I haven't been working. Two weeks ago I made a little white bear with a red heart sewn on the tummy. I am in my stake young women's presidency, and am in charge of planning a big service project that will happen in three weeks. We are going to be making these bears and putting together hygiene kits for the children and people in Haiti. I thought I should make a bear to see what they would look like. It turned out really cute, and I'm excited to have our youth make them then send them on to those who have nothing. It will be a great activity! So...that was my AC project #8.
Last week the floors in our kitchen finally got done (HALLELUJAH!) They look amazing. I love the color, and just want to get to work on painting the living room and kitchen now so I like it. As I've mentioned before, my entire house is painted yellow and I hate it! It is a gross yellow, and all the wood in the house is a yellow oak color so I just feel overloaded by yellow. I'm excited to paint it this summer! Anyway...we were kicked out of our house for 4 days, and I didn't think I would be able to do a project last week, but then I decided to give crocheting a go. I taught myself how to crochet, and I made a headwrap. I think it turned out so cute, and can't wait to wear it out. ( i haven't gone anywhere this week yet...maybe tomorrow I'll wear it to Carson's preschool). It looks like this, and this is actually where I got the pattern for it. Mine turned out pretty good I thought-especially for the first creation crocheting! So that is AC#9. Wow can you believe we are already 9 weeks into 2010!

3 comments:

Gena said...

Um, how'd you get to be so dang good at everything you do?! That headwrap is soooo cute. I can't believe you made one like that, and at your first try! Dang. I wish your computer would get its act together! I want to see pictures!

Mary Mathews said...

I cant wait for you computer to get fixed! Yay! for the flooring to be done. But all of your other projects are just so cute I can only imagine how cute your head wrap turned out! Good luck with your service project coming up!

Aubry T Jensen said...

so cute! hook me up with one!!