Monday, March 22, 2010

R-Kansas Race

Ok so people here in Kansas (or maybe it is just a Wichita thing) pronounce the state Arkansas like R-Kansas. Weird huh? Last weekend I took a trip down with two good friends to run my second half marathon. This race was tougher than the last one! The course was a lot hillier (is that a word?) than what I had been training on. I figured it would be pretty flat like Kansas, but it wasn't. The last mile was this hill that was monstrous. I didn't like it, but I did it...and I even ran it. I didn't give up, so I was pretty happy about that. I did take 15 minutes off my previous time so I was really pleased with how I did. I know I'm not a fast runner, but I figure if I keep improving maybe I will be fast someday. Here are some fun photos from the weekend....just want to say thanks again to Kristen and Mary Ann for the great time! Can't wait to do it again.

Mary Ann And I before the 13 mile run...it was cold

Kristen and I before the race

running

finishing, and really exhausted

Notice Kristen is WAY faster than I am. I think she finished 20 minutes before I did!

4 comments:

Angie said...

That's awesome! I want to run a half marathon this June here in Durango. Is that MaryAnn Lyman from BYU-Idaho? What a small world! I am pretty sure that is her and how nuts is it that you guys live by eachother! Congrats on the big run!

the duffsters said...

WAY TO GO TIFFANI!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!! And what do you mean you aren't fast??? WOW!!! You look super hot and skinny... daaaaaannnnggg!! CONGRATS!!

Gena said...

I am so impressed! That's awesome Tiff! And shaving 15 mins off your last time?! What the heck!! You look great!

Mare said...

Congrats that is awesome. You should take a trip and come to KC for some races. We have a race coming up I MAY run but I am starting with the 5K but it is found here,

http://www.hospitalhillrun.com/

Check it out!