Ok we are finally feeling better, and our house is being taken care of so I'm ready to get back into blogging again. I've given the blog a much needed facelift, and will keep up with posting now. First off, the house has been "drying out" for 2 weeks now. It usually only takes 3-5 days, but our hardwood floor isn't drying so the big fans have been going forever it seems like. They are now off, and will be picked up in an hour.
Good news about this whole leaking sink issue...we now get a new hardwood floor! Because it isn't drying properly we have to get a new one instead of just refinishing the current stuff. So I'm excited to have that done! It is going to make me want to change the whole kitchen though. I guess I'll have to hold off on that until we get the funds to do so. We want to do some major changes like paint the cabinets, change the backsplash and countertops, and paint the walls of course. I'm guessing maybe that will come this summer, or maybe next summer haha. Sometime, but not now...another project for another day. I'll also be getting a new ceiling in my craft room, and possibly a new wall. I believe I'll find out when the guy shows up in an hour.
Even though my craft room has a big hole in the ceiling I have been busy at work down there. I have been doing my projects and am happy to finally post some of my work. I'm going to be starting over with the numbering of my projects because my goal is to do 52 this year (avg. of one a week). So here are projects 1-4, and I'll have another one done Saturday.
First, my sisters and I made tutus for all my nieces (and Halli) while we were all together at Christmas. Here's a photo with all of them modeling them! AC#1
(this one is my favorite...loved the green, pink, and brown)
Here's a scrapbook page I did two weeks ago. (Yes, I'm two years behind on my scrapbooking!) AC#2
I've been wanting to make a little box for our treats and snacks we have to eat, so I used a tissue box and turned it into this. AC#3
I finally got to use my sewing machine I got for Christmas and made three bibs this week. Halli never have enough bibs so I will be making more and trying different things in the future. Not too bad for my first sewing experience without my mother! AC#4
4 comments:
Love it all. The bibs are so cute, as are everything else you make:) Congrats on keeping up with your goals so far...I continue to work on it. Cant say I have done as good as you so far though:( School is kicking my booty.
Way cute AC projects! The bibs are my favortie! Hope you keep up the good work with your goals!
Way to go Tiff. That is impressive. I really enjoyed "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins and just finished the next one called "Catching Fire". The only problem is that it ends with a total cliff hanger and the last book doesn't come out until August. Good luck with staying on top of your goals.
Have you read the Fablehaven boooks yet? I forget. They're fantasy, as I'm sure you know, so if you're in the mood for that they're my favorite!
Love the projects. And yea for a new kitchen floor!
Post a Comment