
So this morning I was going to take a photo of my project for the week...which by the way isn't anything big. I was only home half the week, and was busy running around catching up on everything so I didn't have much time. I still haven't taken a photo of it. I went downstairs into my newly repainted/updated craft room to find a wet ceiling. I AM NOT HAPPY.
The pluming under our kitchen sink had been leaking for a day (I noticed a wet rug all day, but just thought Halli must have spilled something...never stopped to check it out-first mistake). So I went to church today, and left Ryan at home with a sick Halli to try to stop the leak. He wasn't able to stop it so we called a plumber. He came, and after he got here I thought oh I should have called our home warranty company. Yeah I called them...it would have been covered for only $60, but now I just paid him $235-second mistake. He also told us we need to have the ceiling and wall replaced downstairs in my craft room. So now we get to pay our insurance deductible (not cheap) to get that done, and possibly part of our kitchen floor replaced. Needless to say I'm not going to be blogging about my AC projects or great family vacation we just returned home from. That will have to come another day. We'll let you know what happens with the restoration.
3 comments:
Oh man, Tiff! I'm so sorry. That sounds like such a disaster (as if you need me reaffirming that!) I hope everything can get fixed soon and NOT get you in over your heads with all the costs! Ah, the joys of being a homeowner, eh? :)
Oh Tiff, that stinks. My mom just had to replace her cabinets, and floor because of a leak. It is really annoying to deal with I am sure. Good luck and hang in there!
I am sorry about that though. But its the joys to having a house right? (Not really) But hopefully everything can get fixed!
Post a Comment