Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Visit to the doctor

So about a month ago Carson got a sliver in his foot. He had gotten a couple others from our balcony (because it is in really great condition-NOT). We assumed it was just another sliver, but we couldn't get it out. I have tried 3 or 4 times to get it out, but it was too deep and I couldn't get it. For the past week he has really been noticing it-so it has probably been hurting him. We told him it was infected so when Ryan's family came to visit us this weekend he showed them many times his "infectig" (as Carson calls it). We tried again on Monday to get it, but still got nothing.
So I finally decided to take him into the doctor to get it out. We went yesterday and the doctor just scraped the top of the skin and was able to get enough layers off to pull it out. To our surprise though it was no piece of wood-it was a piece of glass! I felt so bad, but I guess it hasn't been hurting him too bad because he didn't really even notice it until just lately. I was really glad we took him in to get it out. Carson did so great when we were there. He didn't even cry! When it started hurting him he just whispered "ouch, ouch, ouch"...it was so cute. The doctor was really nice and drew a smiley face on Carson's band aid. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it before it fell off. Here is a picture of Carson showing me his "infectig" before we went to the doctor.

2 comments:

Gena said...

oh, poor little Carson! He is the cutest little boy! an infectig, how precious! Tiff, i keep wanting to talk to you but just haven't had the time yet! I will call though when things slow down a bit!

Ashley Schoenfeld said...

YOu guys are such fetchin' cute family! I love that I can catch up with what you guys are doing!