Friday, July 8, 2011

What we do in the summertime

We got a new camera!!! Ryan unfortunately dropped our old one in a river while on his recent fishing trip so we HAD to get a new one. I wasn't too sad about it since we've been wanting a nice new camera for a long time. We had to buy a new one now with the baby coming! We got a beautiful brand new Canon T2i. I haven't used it too much, but I love what I have used of it!

It has been so hot here for the past month. It has really been quite miserable...especially for me. The kids have enjoyed swimming in our backyard. They go out a couple times each day, splash around, cool off, and enjoy a Popsicle. I'm surprised we don't have a hole in the pool by now-we've had it for 2 years now, and it has been well worth the $10 or so I spent on it!

For the 4th we celebrated with some friends and had a BBQ over here with LOTS of really yummy food. It was oh so delicious. Then we went down the street to our bishop's house where a large gathering of people were and watched fireworks. Fireworks here are better than anywhere I have ever lived. It was the best show I have seen-all the neighbors shoot off the BIG fireworks that you see when you go to a fireworks show. Firework tents are set up all over town here and people go crazy buying them! We had a lot that were shot off at the house we were at, but the neighbors also shot off tons of fireworks so the show was just great! I would post some photos...but we all know what fireworks look like :)

We were hanging out the other day, and i looked over and saw my cute little guys loving their dad so I thought I'd take a photo of it. I realized we don't get many photos with us in them so I am going to work of getting photos of Ryan and I as well as the kids. I am going to make a real effort to post more and record the things we do. Now that I have a nice camera I don't have an excuse for not capturing the moments in our days! So you can all look forward to a better record of the upcoming days, weeks, and months!

No comments: