Of diapers that is! Today is the first day of potty training with Halli. I decided I'm ready for her to be out of diapers. She is excited and interested in it so we went and picked out some panties and have her running around in them today. She's already wet in 4 of the 7 pairs we bought....hopefully she'll figure this out soon. I'm taking her to the toilet every 20 minutes...I guess maybe I need to make it every 10. Any suggestions or help here would be appreciated-I don't like potty training!!!
3 comments:
I left my Lucas completely naked for two days so hecould see what was going on. I put blankets all over the floor and we hung out and played on them all day. I also gave him tons of juice to drink, becuase it won't quench their thirst. GOod luck, I don't like the process either.
I have a friend who just potty trained her 4th child and she used the kitchen timer and set it for every 10 minutes and when he got that down she went to 15 and then 20. So that everytime it went off she would take him to the bathroom and eventually he caught on and started to take himself and now he is totally potty trained without a timer. She said it worked with all of her kids. But good luck! Hopefully you wont have to do diaper here soon.
To answer your question, no we didn't do anything BIG to start it out. Just kinda decided to put her in panties one day. And we had lots of accidents the first couple days, and by day three she was doing well. That was almost my breaking point, thinking we may just stop and try later, but I am so glad we decided to keep with it because that seemed to be the day it clicked.
Even after about two weeks accident free, Avie peed twice today in her panties!!! For Avie, the timer definitely helped. (I think we started every 10 minutes, and then moved it back to every 30 then every 60 because she was starting to hate it so often), but she was much more willing to try when her timer went off rather than when we asked her ourselves.
I bet she'll get it in no time! Oh, and we had a sticker chart and a bag of m&ms for rewards. If Halli is into that kind of thing, it helped a lot to talk those up when she was trying to go.
Good luck!! :)
Post a Comment