Wednesday, July 21, 2010
New York City
Finally I am able to sit down and make a post about our fabulous vacation. Here is a photo journal of our trip. Our first stop was Times Square. We got there Tuesday afternoon and walked down to the busy spot in town. We ate lunch down there, went and played around in the huge Toys R Us, went shopping, and then that evening we got to go see Mary Poppins on Broadway-it was SO good! I loved it-the scene changes were amazing, the music was fun, and I of course loved the dancing!

Day two started with a trip to the Statue of Liberty. Before we rode the boat to see the lovely lady we ran into this guy and took some photos with him for a nominal fee :) Halli wasn't so sure about him.


Here's the view while on our boat ride out to the Island. Man I would love to live in this city! We all posed to get some photos in front of the Statue of Liberty. I love this one of Carson and Halli-they aren't fighting! Then we got a family photo with the view of NYC behind us!


Our hotel (Empire Hotel) was right down the street from the LDS temple. We didn't go inside, but we walked passed a bunch...next time we'll have to take some time to go inside! I think it is so amazing that there is a temple in Manhattan!
Mom and Dad walking with Halli-familiar sight on this trip.
We got to go to a Yankees game while we were there. My little brother Ryan is a huge fan, and we had the opportunity to go down to Monument Park and take a look around. It was really fun. A manager of the park gave us a tour around the Park and field-it was really cool!

There were some cool stairs at the Lincoln Center so the kids and I took some fun photos on them. The words on the stairs say Welcome in a bunch of different languages.
This is Ryan and I in the subway. I totally loved the subway...no traffic, fast transportation, and no weather to deal with! If the opportunity ever came we would seriously move to NYC. We loved it, and we can't wait to go back again. Next time Ryan and I will be going by ourselves for a getaway! I'm planning the trip already!
This last photo is Carson helping Halli get around the airport-she was riding on the suitcase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun vacation!!! I love all the pictures! I want to go now!
Wish i could have been there. I LOVE the picture of Halli and Carson. Such a cute smile on Halli, she must love her brother:)
Post a Comment