Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HUNGRY

Hungry for more that is. I just finished reading The Hunger Games this morning, and I loved it! I can't wait to run down to the library to see if they have the second book, Catching Fire, available. If they don't I might just have to go buy it...like I did with Hunger Games. I know a lot of people have already read this book, but if you haven't and are looking for a good book that is fun and easy to read and get into I highly suggest this one.
I also remembered that I didn't post about the books I read last month. I decided to buy Percy Jackson and the Olympians from a scholastic book order for a few bucks, and I enjoyed reading it.I enjoyed it so much that I borrowed the next two books in the series from a friend and read through those while I was on vacation. I'm on the waiting list at the library for the 4th book in that series. I also want to see the movie now...wonder if I can Netflix it yet. I'll have to go check!
When I finished reading those books and couldn't get the fourth one right away I decided to read something my parent's had so I picked up Fablehaven.
My sister and brother in law love these books so I thought I would give it a try. I enjoyed this book as well so I have the next two books in that series waiting on my dresser. I quickly got into a whole mess of books over the past month! I enjoy the reading, and letting my mind jump into the books. Ryan didn't like it so much yesterday when I couldn't put The Hunger Games down though...he claims I'm cheating on him with my books. I guess I just have to read in moderation. I get to into it and don't want to do anything else. Good thing yesterday was a rainy day so I had an excuse to stay inside! Haha. Anyway...I'd recommend any of these books/series if you are looking to get into something good.

7 comments:

EmmaLee said...

Oh Tiffani, if you are hungry now you are in big trouble when you finish Catching Fire. I read it over Christmas time, and am dying for August to role around so I can read the last one. SO GOOD!

Daniel said...

Couple of things… Percy Jackson, awesome (all of them). Hunger Games, ridiculously awesome. Catching Fire is just as ridiculously awesome. Fablehaven, I have no clue, but I have two recommendations for you:

1.Join goodreads.com and/or be my friend there.

2.Read the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. The first is titled “City of Bones” You will not be disappointed. I mean it. Don't forget to read them.

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Loved the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. You won't be disappointed with the next one. Michael even read them both in about a week. And also, thanks for the recommendations on the other two series. :)

Gena said...

Oooh, thanks for the suggestions. I didn't read a book in April (boo!) and I need to get into something quick so I don't lose my reading bug! Spencer says the same thing about me when I get into my books. It really is all I want to do at times! Some books are just that good!

Johnson Family said...

Those books are all good. The Fablehaven series is at the top of my list.

Enjoy the rain and a book, it can't get much better, can it?

Mary Ann said...

Book club this month is The scarlet pimpernell, and it was awesome, so if y ou need more...

Mary Ann said...

Book club this month is The scarlet pimpernell, and it was awesome, so if y ou need more...