Sunday, May 23, 2010

Backed up....

Oh, but not like that! What I mean is with my AC projects. I am so behind on posting about them. I'll see if I can get photos to load. I have been working hard this past week and I got 4 projects wrapped up just this week. I've been working on a handful of things for a while, but they all got completed this week. So here they are.
Attempting creativity project #17. This was from a couple weeks ago. My friend Kristen turned 30 and had a small party with some friends. I told her I would bring the cake. I decided to try fondant again and had a fun time doing the cake. I need to get some different paste food coloring though-it looks more like a circus cake with the colors I used (they were all I had though!). So before I do Halli's birthday cake in a couple weeks I'll get some different colors! It did taste awesome though...if I may say so myself. Ryan was glad I brought a piece home for him to have.
project #18I have a handful of friend who are all about to or have just had baby boys. I made some bibs similar to this (but girly) for Halli and I love them because they actually cover clothes not just her neck and collar of her shirt. So I decided to make some boy ones for my friends. They are all double sided. One side has the patterned base and plain brown tie cutout then the backside has brown base and matching patterned material from the front material.
project #19I had my first piano recital Thursday night. I made the programs for the evening. This was my first year teaching piano and I had 4 students so a couple of them played 2 songs. They all did great! (Look closely and you can see the 4th student playing was Mr. Carson...I'll post photos of him playing tomorrow...so cute!)
project #20I got this lovely yellow covered piano bench with the piano I bought. I've been wanting to re-cover it for a long time. I've been looking for the right material for months and finally found this last week!!! I'll be doing curtains to match next month when I have the money to buy all the material. I totally LOVE the colors of the new material, and love how the brown of the flowers is the same color as the piano is stained!
Project #21 First is a photo of the house a little over a year ago...what we're focusing on here is the "landscaping" excuse in the front yard.Here is the work we did yesterday! It has taken us a year to do, but it is coming along great! It still looks a little bare because there are bulbs planted so I'll have to post some more photos next year when things are up and it is covered better, but we love the improvement from what it was!
So this is what I have been up to lately! I have two more projects that I'll have done this coming week that I'm excited to get done too!

5 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

Wow! Look at you go! Your piano bench is SO cute and I am definitely going to have to attempt the bibs.

Mary Mathews said...

They all look so great! I cant wait to see what your yard looks like next year!!!

The Clews Crew said...

You are awesome. Seriously, I look at your blog and think, "I wish I were more like Tiffani." It all looks so good. I love the bibs. So cute! And the piano bench. And your yard. Sorry we didn't get to see you when you were out. That Saturday ended up being busier than I expected. But when your out this way again let me know.

Aubry T Jensen said...

So cute:) I like your fabric choice for the piano bench...that looks great! And everything else you did looks good too. The cake is fun and i love the bibs:) You are too awesome. (still wish i could be there to do things with you)

lindsey said...

I'm excited I get to be there to celebrate Halli's birthday :) And I too love the fabric for your piano bench :) Can't wait to see you!