Naturally this time of year my thoughts turn to all the things I am blessed with. Like many of you, my family is what I am most thankful for. This Thanksgiving we expected to spend it here in Kansas alone-trying things on our own for the first time. Sunday night I got off the phone with my parents and Ryan and I decided to leave right away and drive to Utah. It was totally a last second, spontaneous decision, and we had such a great time. We didn't tell my family we were coming so it was a total surprise when we showed up Monday morning on the door step. We surprised my mom, and then my dad and brother when they came home from school-theirs was by far the best reaction! We then surprised my sisters and soon to be brother-in-law Tuesday evening. They kind of expected something, but were still surprised to see us.

We had a wonderful week together with them! Carson and Halli loved all the attention and the fun games we got to play. They learned how to play duck-duck-goose, and both loved it. Halli loved bonking heads and running with me. Aubry also took some family photos for us the day we left. We went out later at night than we planned too, but they turned out really good for almost being dark! Thanks to her for getting us all together in a photo, and some of the kiddies together!


We drove back to Kansas Saturday night/Sunday morning and have enjoyed the week back here at home. We sure are looking forward to being in Michigan for 2 weeks during Christmas break! We'll get to see our family, and some of our best friends Jon and Becca. We are really excited to sleep in for a couple weeks too! Hope you all have an enjoyable season!
6 comments:
Carson and Halli are so cute. I love the family pictures. You guys are such a cute family. Bryen is 8 1/2 months old (almost). But he is just about walking he has been taking steps on his own. It sounds like you had a fun trip to your parents home for thanksgiving.
The pictures are adorable. I'm glad that you could surprise your family. It sounded like a lot of fun for both them and you. It's hard to be far away from family. I miss my family terribly.
holy moly she looks just like Carson when he was younger. They are both beautiful.
Hi, Sadie was born on the 12th. I think we had the same due date. I love your family pictures, I've never seen any with the sky like that. Halli is so cute, and I love Carson's dancing. too funny. We are still in Rexburg, we live at the village.
OK- I am slow at commenting this time around, but I wanted to tell you that I love these pictures. Your sis did a good job, and you guys are picture perfect! The two of the kiddies are adorable too.
You guys are so cute! I can't believe you have been away from Idaho that long.
Post a Comment