Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains

So we took a visit to Oklahoma over the past weekend. Ryan and I got to go to the temple in Oklahoma City Friday night then we spent the night down there and had a fun time. We took the kids swimming a couple of times so they loved spending the night in a hotel. Carson was very sad to leave Saturday afternoon...and he keeps asking when we can go to a hotel again.
Saturday we woke up and spent a few hours in the city checking it out. We went to "Outdoor World" in bricktown there and enjoyed looking around there for a few hours. It is kind of like a Cabellas...but not quite exciting. It was fun though and we all enjoyed it. Here are some photos from the store.
Afterwards we went outside and enjoyed a nice scenic walk by the river which was right outside the store. Don't you just love the colors of fall?
We walked on down to Toby Keith's I love this bar restaurant. If you ever have the chance to go there get the ribs. They were delicious! They make a special Toby Keith barbeque sauce just for the restaurant, and it is really good.

We headed back home after lunch. The kids both slept half of the way so it was nice to get some nice quiet time. It was a really fun relaxing weekend with the family. Can't wait for the next one!





3 comments:

Aubry T Jensen said...

I feel like I never get to talk to you anymore, I don't like it. I didn't even know yall were planning this trip. It sounds like it was a great experience and a good time for everyone. Your river picture is beautiful, i do love fall colors! (there is a spot on campus that has the best colored trees. There are tall trees with bright yellow leaves then beautiful bright red bushes. I wish i could take a picture but its in a weird spot so it would be hard to make it look good. I will work on it though and see what i can do. Miss yoU!

Lois Draper said...

Reading about your ribs it reminded me of the time we went to Texas Road House and had to spot on the way home because you were so pregnant and full. We should do it again sometime!

Mary Mathews said...

What a fun trip!