So I had a project done last Saturday for this past week, but I had to mail it first because I made it for someone who reads this blog. It has their name on it and i didn't want to ruin the surprise. I didn't get it mailed until late Wednesday though so it will have to be my project for next week.
I hurried and whipped up some placemats on Friday for this week's project instead. The tree in our front yard had turned so many beautiful colors. I had to try to capture it somehow. Here is the project I came up with ...we'll see if the colors stick around. Attempting Creativity Project #4. Sorry the photo didn't upload quite right. I had to use our computer (I have been using Ryan's laptop from work to post lately, but he didn't bring it home this weekend). You get the idea though.
Purchase contact paper.
Cut same size pieces.
Peel backing off one sheet
Arrange and stick leaves on sticky side
Peel back off other sheet
Set on top of leaves (you will probably need help from another person putting pieces together)
Note: It's been almost a week since I made these, and the color has not stayed. I will have to rethink this project and try again. Might have to wait for next year. Most the leaves are off my tree-or I may try again this weekend. I'll keep you posted.
6 comments:
I love all these new projects you are making! Very inspiring. And I LOVE these placemats-- awesome! You're making me want to try to make something too (even though the thought sort of terrifies me). :-)
I love all these AC projects you're doing! They're all awesome, makes me want to try something too. And THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I completely forgot I was on that with you! It's SO cute, and you know I could use something to put on our walls! You're so creative. I've seen projects like this before, with the scrapbook paper, but I would've never thought to put the cute decals on it! I love it!!
How cute! How did you do these?
I love all of your creative ideas:) I wish I could be there making them with you! It really makes me want to be finished with school so that I can have time and money (this is such a money sucking major). One day! We should have a craft day at Christmas.
Also, I got your package:) and I LOVE IT! I will call you as soon as i get off work, but just so you know and so that everyone reading this knows, ITS AWESOME and WE LOVE IT! (Once again makes me jealous of your awesomeness. You will have to teach me the skills)
I love this idea! You are the most creative person I know. I wish I could come live with you and make these things too. Maybe one day.. you're the best. Love you!
Post a Comment