Thursday, October 8, 2009

Attempting Creativity

So I have a friend who made a resolution at the beginning of the year to do a creative project once a week. I love this idea, and have decided to take up the challenge for myself. (Hope you don't mind me copying Carly!) It is kinda an early New Years Resolution, but I plan on doing it for the next year and 3 months or so...until the end of 2010. So I will now be posting on my blog at least once a week with my "AC" projects-Attemping Creativity. Carly calls hers BC projects for Be Creative, but I'm just attempting it right now so I'm changing the name for me. I'm sure some will turn out horrid, but I am trying to increase my abilities so hang in there with me. I already have one this week, and one for last week done. So here are my AC projects #1 and #2.

Sadly, I don't have a before photo of the dresser. It was really unattractive before the transformation. I got it at a garage sale for $20. It was painted blue, green, purple, and yellow. It was an interesting combination, but I saw the potential to fit right in in Halli's room (which, by the way, is still in progress...it will be one of my AC challenges this week or next week. It has taken a lot longer than I would like to complete!)

I whipped up this little sign for the upcoming holiday in no time. Way easy to do and a lot cheaper than buying the sign already made in stores!


8 comments:

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

So cute! I especially love the dresser. BTW there is a really great website called whipup.net that I love. It has loads of great little projects to do. Have fun and keep up your BC projects.

Ashley Webb said...

they are both awesome! can't wait to see what else you come up with! :)

kelsey j said...

How are you guys doing? I can't believe Halli is 1 already. She is so adorable. I love this dresser. I need to paint Em's dresser so thanks for this cute Idea. I also love the green room you did. SO dang cute!

The Martins said...

These are both so cute! Love it! What a fun idea to do a creative project every week.

Mary Mathews said...

way cute! good luck with your projects!

Erin Harris said...

Looks SOOO cute Tiff! That's awesome. LOVE YOU! MISS YOU!

The Clews Crew said...

Cute! I love them both. Kind of makes me want to paint Adi's dresser. Hmmmm.....

Aubry T Jensen said...

I like this idea:) I cant wait for the day when i can do these fun things. Once school is out, im doing it! You are doing awesome, by the way, i love it all!