My friend took some photos before we started the race then her camera died so we didn't get any as we finished, but here is one of me back at the hotel after it was all over!
Monday, March 9, 2009
COWTOWN
This will be a short post because, but I just had to share my big accomplishment. Last weekend I went down to Fort Worth, TX with a couple friends and participated in my first ever race. I ran a HALF MARATHON! Since high school I have wanted to run a marathon, and last weekend I got half-way there! I'm definitely not the fastest runner (Someone finished the marathon a couple minutes after I finished the half!), but I came in finishing 2:18:18. Not too bad for a first timer running in 30 degree temperatures and winds blowing 20-30 mph. You'd think it'd be warm in Texas, but not that day! I had a great time, and am planning on running my next race in May!
My friend took some photos before we started the race then her camera died so we didn't get any as we finished, but here is one of me back at the hotel after it was all over!
My friend took some photos before we started the race then her camera died so we didn't get any as we finished, but here is one of me back at the hotel after it was all over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow! How cool is that! I've also always wanted to run in a marathon and how cool that you're on your way there! I always get so jealous when I see people running down the street and I always say to myself "I want to be a runner!" Congratulations!
Wow Tiff! You're amazing! I'd be good to run a 5K. I'm so impressed. Way to go!!!
Wow! That is awesome that you an a half marathon! Running distance races is rough! Sounds like you did great.
Wow Tiffani, that is impressive. I have always wanted to run a marathon but the older I get the better a half marathon sounds. Way to go...and with two kids, again impressive!
Hey Tiffani!! Love the blog..congrats on the half marathon! That's a really big acomplishment:)I failed P.E. twice in highschool cause I couldn't complete the 25 minute run!
You are my hero!!!!
WAY TO GO Tiff-D-Babe! I had no idea you were even running/training. Way to make it a surprise! I love to do that. I read Ivy's comment and it made me laugh. I remember the day we had to run the 24 min run in PE. It was me, you, and Jen Grubbs...remember that? And our teacher was Coach LAmbert. haha....good times. Anyways, i'm so proud of you. I still can't run that far. I suck!
For some strange reason in the back of my mind i have always want to accomplish that too. Especially after I watch "The Biggest Loser". Some day I will do it! Ha ha Good job though!
Post a Comment