Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall is Here!

Fall is my favorite season. I just love the cool weather, the beautiful colors, and the fun things to do in the fall. I have been walking with the kids in the mornings, and we have all really enjoyed it. Carson always loves to be outside and ask all sorts of questions about what he sees. Halli is so happy when she is snuggled in her little baby bjorn and able to look around. And I just love being outside and getting a break for the craziness of the house. The other day we walked to the park and while Carson was playing I was just really appreciating the beauty of the earth. The sky was so blue and clear as can be, the wind was blowing ever so gently bringing the wonderful smell of leaves to my nose, and the way the sun was hitting dew in the grass made it shimmer. What a wonderful time-how could I not appreciate it!!!We have been doing well. I have found somethings to do around the town that keep us busy during the week. We take a weekly trip to the library, go to cookie bookie (a nice book club for little kids where they read a book, eat cookies, and do crafts. We also get a free book each week we go which is awesome!!), Carson's swim "lessons", walks, and whatever else we find to do. I think this week I will try to take the kids to the zoo one morning. I know Carson will love it, and I'm sure Halli will be just fine as long as she is being carried around. I just hope it won't be too hard to do without Ryan. We'll see I guess.Halli is growing so fast, and learning new things everyday. I forget how fast they change. Wasn't that a wonderful talk President Monson gave today in Conference about change and appreciating each moment. That talk really touched my heart. Sometimes all I can think about is when Halli is older and can play with Carson so I can find some time to do things for myself. I know I will miss these moments that I have with her now though. Time goes by so fast, and I already miss the way Halli was last month. What great council! It is definitly something I will be working on in the coming weeks, days, and hours. We are well and happy-hope you all are too!

9 comments:

the duffsters said...

What a sweet post. Fall is my favorite time of year too. I love being able to open the windows and let the cool breeze flow through the house. It just makes everything feel clean to me. Hallie is too precious. I love her hair. You are a fun Mom, taking them to the zoo and all the other activities you do. You sure stay busy! :)

Aubry T Jensen said...

i miss ya'll... i cant wait to see yall at the wedding. hopefully you can stay a few extra days and i can hang out with ya'll. so your blog is cute:) love you!

Erin Harris said...

Oh my gosh. I want to cry because I have the cutest nieces and nephew EVER! They are such dolls. Oh my gosh, they couldn't be any cuter! Love you!

Julia said...

Hey the last picture on your post, Hannah has that same outfit! :) It is getting to small for her, but that was my favorite outfit!

Lois Draper said...

Tiff! I miss you so much! It is great to see how you are all doing and to see the changes in your life. I am glad to hear all is going well for you.
I was also touched by Pres Monson's message. I enjoyed that reminder about enjoying your lives now!

Mare said...

Halli is getting so big. It is crazy how fast kids grow up!

The Clews Crew said...

Halli is so adorable. I love that last picture. And I hope you get more autumn time out there, it snowed here today. Blah.

Jake and Amber said...

wow your kids are getting so big, but are still just as cute as ever.

Ashley Schoenfeld said...

Oh I can't believe how darling she is! I I hope you guys are doing well!