Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Halli's 2 months!


So we have a lot to post from our vacation, but I thought I would just start with some news with Halli. She is two months old already as of the 10th! The sleepless nights have seemed to pass, and she is more content with life now. She had a really rough start and seemed to be really colicky, but while I was on vacation I talked with a family friend and she told me that going off dairy really helped her colicky baby out so i tried it and went completely off dairy. The outcome-Halli is a new child!!! She is much happier and instead of crying and fussing all the time she smiles, talks, and is pretty content to just relax and lay on the floor at times! Between that and a couple of blessings she received she has improved so much! Needless to say life is going much smoother for all of us. Just a side note-I never realized how much dairy is in different foods. I am not eating any so I have to look at labels before I eat things and I am on a serious diet now! It basically cuts out all desserts, unhealthy quick meals, and chocolate so I should be dropping this baby weight in no time now :)!!
Halli is also sleeping through the night really well. She has been going to bed sometime between 7 and 9, and sleeps until about 5. She eats, goes back to sleep for a couple hours, and gets up for the day around 8. It has been a great blessing that she has been a great sleeper. I really don't function without sleep so I am glad she does so well!
She started really coming to life a couple weeks ago. She has begun "talking" to us, and smiling all the time. I can usually get a smile out of her pretty quick. Her hair is still really curly, but I am thinking her dark hair may be on its way out. The roots of her hair are a lighter more blonde color-so we'll see in the next couple of months if her hair will be changing color.

11 comments:

Ashley Bankhead said...

Tiffani,

I am so happy for you and Ryan. It sounds like Halli is doing wonderful. It really is such a blessing that she is such a good sleeper. I hope I can say the same when I have another baby. We'll see. I am glad that you are doing well. It is fun to read your blog and see how you are doing. Have a good day.

Ashley

Unknown said...

I am loving that picture of Carson and Halli!

Aubry T Jensen said...

So cute! I miss you guys already. And i miss Halli and Carson! Happy Halli was fun and so cute to play with and get to smile...i cant wait to see yall again.

Julia said...

These are such cute pictures! :) Your little girl really is growing up. How is everything going?

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Wow, Tiffani, I can't believe she is already two months old. She is so adorable. It looks like you are all doing well. :)

Kate said...

It was so fun to see you in person! Your family is darling! I'm glad the no dairy is working!

Miriam Lusk said...

What a cutie! I did the same thing with Adney. He was so fussy when I was on Dairy, as soon as I went off he was perfect. And the extra sleep makes all the difference I bet.

Mare said...

Halli is beautiful! Looks like you guys are having a good time with the crazy life with more than one kid. Thanks for the post it is always good to hear from you. My pictures were actually from my humanities class go figure. But we went up to Mesa Falls just past Ashton which was fun. We miss you guys and hope that you are doing good.

Jessica Parnell Tucker said...

You have to be having so much fun with girls' clothes and hair do-dads, cause every time I see a picture, Halli is as precious girl as you can get!
And as far as creative- poor Ben hates it. He wants to play ball all day! It is hard for me to just sit and wrestle or run around with him. His new love is shooting me with whatever is half-way gun looking. All boy (except for when his sisters dress him in Cinderella). He whines when I break out the paints or craft items. "No, mama, let's play in my room!" Luckily he is getting a brother to jump off teh couch with. Maybe I'll learn to play better "their" style this time around. Doubt it.

The Clews Crew said...

Tiffani, she is beautiful. Where do you get those headbands? They're so cute! I love her little curls. Hope you're doing well.

Zach and Nikky said...

Hey!! I was excited to see a comment from you, after I figured out who it was..ha ha. Your little girl is so adorable! Glad to see that you guys are doing so well.