Monday, May 30, 2011
Tangynika Park
We visited this awesome zoo about a year ago, and we got to go again last week-this time with Ryan! We had a great time and enjoyed close encounters with "wildlife". This zoo is really cool, and lets you get up close and personal with a lot of the animals-non threatening ones. We had a great afternoon together!
These are called Lories (I believe). We got to go in an inclosure with them. I guess they like to land on people, but we didn't have any land on us.
Snow leopard...no we didn't go in the cage with this one.
Awesome aussie...cute kangaroos. There were about 8 females with babies in pouches. Before this facility was open to the public it was a breeding facility...so I guess they know what they are doing-hence all the baby kangaroos.
The kangaroo fur is surprisingly soft. I thought it would be pretty course, but it was really soft. It was really cool to pet her...she was one with a baby in her pouch.
These lemurs were really friendly. They have cute little padded fingers...its like a mix between our hands and a dog's paw. It is very interesting.
Ryan was impressed with all the animals. I think he expected much less, but was pleasantly surprised by the awesomeness of the zoo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ryan looks so impressed. oh, and so happy to be there too. Joking : )
Even if I have to go alone. I want to go here when we visit. I love zoos!
P.S. CUTE pictures. I can't wait to smother your children with hugs and kisses (yes, I am THAT aunt)
Post a Comment