Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Creative Corner

So...we have a basement. Our house is a split level so there are 3 levels to it, and then a basement. We spend all our time on the 3 levels. The basement has 4 "rooms". A utility room where the furnace, hot water heater, and whatever else in in there are. There is a small office I guess you could call it-it has no windows, and it is probably only 7' x 7' or so...we use it for our food storage area/tornado shelter :). The third "room" is unfinished and was used by the previous owners as a work shop area. Ryan is going to start work on it this winter and turn it into a "man cave" He's got some sweet ideas for it so I'm excited...as long as I'm allowed in! It is a pretty big room though and will make a nice bedroom if it is not being used as a man cave. The last room in there is MINE. A requirement when we were looking for houses was that it have at least 4 rooms so I could have somewhere to set up my scrapbook/craft room. So I have turned a dreary basement bedroom into a place I can go to do my projects and be alone. I just finished it tonight and am excited to show my transformation. Here is my AC project #6!
I don't know why it looks like the hallways is a different color. I didn't do any painting out there. It is really that ugly yellow color...I wish it were white.

8 comments:

Mary Mathews said...

It looks way cute!

Lane Gunter said...

Wow, what a transformation! It's crazy what a little paint can do!
Have fun crafting!

Aubry T Jensen said...

Nice job Tiffani! I love the new paint job, it looks SO much better then the other sweet walls. And that is great that you will be able to have a craft room where you don't have to put everything away and get it out every time you want to do something.

Angie said...

You are so crafty! I looked through all of your projects and they are too cute. Do you order your wall lettering?

Dantzel said...

So you paint your own house, make fun foods, make your own home decor, scrapbook, etc. I think you're like HGTV and Food Network and Martha Stewart all rolled into one! (That's supposed to be a compliment, by the way--those are all my favorites.) You are awesome.

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

I LOVE IT IT IS SO CUTE!

Ashley Bankhead said...

The room looks awesome Tiffani. How fun to have a room all to yourself for all of your projects. By the way, the projects you have been doing are very cute. I'm glad you blog about them so that I can see all of the creative items your are working on. It is too bad that you guys are so far away. We really miss you guys. I cannot believe how long it has been since we have seen you. We miss hanging out and playing games.

Ashley Bankhead said...

Johnny says he is very interested in Ryan's "man room."